Trainee Vision Teacher
Education & Training / Posted 1 month ago / 17 views
About The Job (responsibilities)
- Instructs students with VI in reading and writing using AT and/or Braille
- Prepare sequential and meaningful instruction based on student’s assessed needs
- Conduct formal and informal assessments to determine student’s needs and produce written reports
- Provides assistance to schools and classroom teachers in identifying and addressing student’s educational needs, procurement of AT equipment, and access arrangements for national examinations.
- Develops and facilitates Individual Education Programme for Students with visual impairment
- Establishes and maintains appropriate and timely data collection systems and records, including, but not limited to lesson plans, student progress, and IEP goals/objectives
- Organises and participates in events for students and outreach programmes
Profile of Suitable Candidates (requirements and qualifications)
- Preferably a degree holder with minimum three years of teaching experience
- Knowledge of low vision equipment will be an added advantage
- Good command of English language. Knowledge of second language is a plus
- Able to communicate and relate to children with special needs and their parents.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Must be willing to work for 5.5 days with alternate Sat off.
- Willing to work in the west region of Singapore and commute to various parts of Singapore for sessions
- Willing to travel overseas for training and conference when required
- Open to Singapore Citizens only.
- Candidates will be required to complete a written assessment during the first round of interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,000.00 to $4,000.00 /month
- teaching: 3 years (Required)